Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hey Guys.

Hey Guys. What's up? I made a blog. I picked this background because its artsy and secretly I want to be an artsy hipster but I think I'm just too happy/ too in love with Legally Blonde.
Good news, the Cardinals are going to the world series. I don't really know what that means but apparently its a big deal.
Okay. So today's reflection: people.
Back story: I watched Into the Woods this weekend. It was amazing. But there's this one line from this one song and it goes, "sometimes people leave you/halfway through the wood/ others may deceive you/ you decide what's good/ you decide alone." http://youtu.be/r-3YJijA5Rw
So besides the fact that this line is cool and rhymatory, its also very true. Sometimes people totally screw you over and it sucks. Sometimes people are total assholes and you just want to sit them down and ask them, in all honesty, why they have to exist.
Here is the answer: they exist to make you feel miserable and to make you want to eat your weight in Twix.
Just kidding. (But I did do that last week.)
They exist to teach you a lesson and to help you grow as a person. That's the hardest thing to accept: that those people do not come in your life to give you a happily ever after (ever after...Into the Woods..get it?), but rather to bring you obstacles.
Recently someone told me "It will all work out in the end, and if it hasn't worked out, its not the end" or something to that extent. I disagree with this, though. There is not one be-all end-all moment where absolutely everything in life works out. I think a better quote for this kind of thing would be "Every moment of light and dark is a miracle." (Saw that on a calendar- doesn't discredit its awesome.) Shit happens, you grow from it, and you move on. There are moments where you sob in the car while listening to Taylor Swift (did that last week, too), and then there are moments where you laugh so hard it literally feels like you just got six-pack abs (did that today- just ask my roommate. She wasn't laughing, though. It was one of those had to be there things. Actually, she was there, she just didn't find the humor in it like I did, so there I was rolling on the floor laughing by myself. ANYWAY)

Just remember, look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.

And when in doubt, tap dance. 

1 comment:

  1. "Everything will be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, then it's not the end." Is that what you were thinking of? If so...it was on my blog. Not that I'm conceited enough to think I was the only person you heard it from. Also, I could tell you some really good stories about junky situations in my life where Twix and Taylor could have come into play...we should share. :) Also, you're neat. That's all.

    ReplyDelete