Monday, October 17, 2011

Look at me and my one awesome follower. (Love you Shelby)

Day Two.

Today's topic of discussion: awkward moments.
We've all seen those obnoxious "that awkward moment when" tweets. Actually, they aren't obnoxious. I'm just bitter because I never think of funny ones.
Anyway, if I, Andrea Leah Powers, were to try and count the number of awkward moments I have a day, I...couldn't. Simple as that.

Okay- awkward moment number one. I was walking to class and I saw a girl that I knew so I yelled her name really loud. It was definitely her, but she chose to ignore me. So then I looked like an idiot.
Awkward moment number 2: our teacher gave us five minutes to figure out ten chords. In that five minutes, I figured out one. (I still have to do "Every good boy does fine" and "all cows eat grass," so that explains that.)

Awkward moment number 3: We had a guest speaker in psych and we were talking about something (I honestly don't remember what) and she asked if anyone was hungry. Well it just so happens I was thinking about having a large plate of nachos at that moment, so I raised my hand. She asked me what I was hungry for. I realized at that moment that when she asked if anyone was hungry, she didn't really expect anyone to respond. So, realizing this I said, and this is verbatim, "Umm..I dunno. Maybe like some chips." BECAUSE I WAS THINKING NACHOS = TORTILLA CHIPS. Nope, apparently this was a weird response the whole class laughed at me. The people in my class probably think I'm weird enough already since I got there late on the first day and was assigned the isolation seat at the back of the room on the far side (like the isolation cabin in the parent trap...only I don't have a long lost twin to share peanut butter and oreos with) and thus I don't say much.

Side note: I am excluding the 45893485 awkward moments I have that involve walking across campus each day, like passing people who are too slow or accidentally running into bike riders, or even giving couples dirty looks (not on purpose). But seriously, can't you just do your PDA in private? I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of public displays of affection, but just because the phrase exists doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Seriously. Get a room. Just because some of us won't settle for any old male specimen doesn't mean you have to rub it in that you did. Merry Christmas.

Awkward moment number 4: Awkward eye contact with a girl who rushed me, but I didn't go to that house on Bid Day. Enough said.

Awkward moment number 5: I was coming home from Studio Voice maybe 45 minutes ago. That's a singing class, so naturally I was singing as I opened the outside door to the stairs. Little did I know a very hot guy was opening the same door from the other side to my obnoxiously loud singing. Well, since I'm pretty much the epitome of coy, I burst out laughing, said sorry, and proceeded to book it up the stairs to my room.

Awkward moment number 6: getting super frustrated because literally no one was texting me back, then realizing my phone was somehow on airplane mode.

Awkward moment number 7: I went to my advisor's office (one that I hadn't met before) and I guess he shares this office with several other advisors. So there I was in the waiting area, and this one advisor comes out and lemme tell ya, he is FINE. So I smile at him and expect him to call my name so I get my stuff ready. Nope. He called some other guy's name. Then my 65 year old advisor comes out and calls my name. Great.

So, that's my day. Peace punch captain crunch.

Also, I'm kind of frustrated because I could've sworn on my life that I bought garlic&herb cheese (that's how it spelled: garlic&herb no spaces) but all that's in the fridge is original. That's not an awkward moment but that's what's on my mind right now because I specifically remember buying that damn cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment