Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."

Today's reflection: For Good.

Hahaha just kidding.


Today's actual reflection: rude people.

So, the other day I did awkward moments. Today, I'm doing rude people moments.

#1: This girl with pneumonia was walking behind me. How did I know she had pneumonia? SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT. LOUDLY. First of all, if you have pneumonia, why are you outside on a chilly fall day? (If you're from Africa, why are you white?) Second of all, if you have pneumonia, why are you talking and walking with someone who you could easily spread it to? Third of all, if you have pneumonia, why are you outside on a chilly fall day talking to your friend about how you have pneumonia and how its not getting better? WHY. WHY.
Note to the world: if you're sick, it is common courtesy to stay away from others and not spread your germs by being outside and around people.


That's actually the only rude moment I can think of but I'm pretty sure its the epitome of rude. If a pneumonia epidemic breaks out on campus, I know who to blame.


Other reflection:
Natural sexyness. Now, I know this is a tad risque buts its fine. No one needs to worry. So, I went to Zumba the other day and I noticed something. There was a very very distinct divide between the sexy people and the non-sexy people. Its okay for me to say this because I happen to be part of the latter. Basically: I, Andrea Leah Powers, am not sexy. And that's okay. I can't dance sexily (just ask my dearest friends about "the choppy") and I can't laugh sexily and I can't chew sexily. I'm not sure what would constitute chewing sexily anyway but if there was a way I would not be able to pull it off.

I have a theory. Sexiness is a heretical trait. (Good ol' nature vs nurtue). Sexiness is all nature; it is not something you can learn. How do I know this? I've tried. I simply can't be sexy. End of theory.


BUT, the point is, that's okay. I have a lot of other great qualities, and so do you, my blog readers. Whether or not you are naturally sexy or naturally anything at all, you are perfect. There's a workout song that goes, "you are enough, you are exactly where you need to be." and its true. So if you see someone dancing Zumba and you think "WOW, I wish I could move my hips in such fashion!" ...Don't. Because you are wonderful no matter what, okay? Okay.



Trivia question:

What movie is this quote from: "I'm glad he's single, cause I'm gonna climb that like a tree."
Ten points if you tweet me with the correct answer (everyone wants ten points). PS- its pretty obvious.
BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment