Hey guys. Its about 9:54 AM on this lovely Wednesday. It is cold outside.
I just have a quick story to tell, then maybe a reflection will come later today since I didn't post yesterday.
Yesterday was quite a day. The most significant part of it, however, occurred around 11: 15 pm. I was with my big-
Interruption: my big. Yes. We are long lost soul mates. Ask anyone. Her name is Claire. Yesterday she bought me a build-a-bear and she frequently changes the lyrics of love songs to something about her little (me). Her boyfriend makes me call him Papa Bear. Our family is so unbelievably perfect, its unbelievable.
So, I was with her and we were chalking (which is where you kind of advertise something by writing it in chalk on the sidewalk on campus) and we stopped in front of a certain fraternity house on a certain busy street.
Well, I was being a goofball and repeatedly doing the Bend and Snap (from Legally Blonde) when a car slowed down kind of by the sidewalk. Naturally I assumed it was a cute boy so entranced by my bend and snap that he was pulling over to ask me for my number (because that happens). But, in fact, it was a police officer.
So, he pulls over and he just kind of stares. And there I am, halfway between bend and snap. And HE. DOESN'T. SAY. ANYTHING. I mean, isn't he supposed to say "Stop in the name of the law" or some shit?
Well, he didn't.
So, my voice gets unnaturally high (even for me) and I smiled at him and said in the most awkward way possible, "Heeeeeeeey."
The conversation went as follows:
Him: "Are you okay?"
Me: "Oh, I'm fine. We're just chalking, you know..."
Him: "Okay.........." *drives away*
Then Claire starts cracking up and I crawled into a little ball of awkwardness and humiliation and seriously considered crying.
Moral of the story: Do not do the Bend and Snap on the sidewalk in the Greek neighborhood when there are cars around. They are not cute college boys who want your number.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment